Tuesday 15 May 2012

Bellinis – Something of a Record in the Restaurant Industry


I have a soft spot for Bellinis and the Illovo area.  This area was home to me for seven years. I lived just around the corner from Bellinis, on Oxford Road (1995 – 2002).  Many will remember Jenny Boss (still proprietor) from those days.  I celebrated a few birthdays and had a number of memorable meals there.  It was always a favourite venue of mine.  Now that I live further north I don’t get there as often as I should or would like to!

I kid you not, but this very popular venue which is frequented by the ‘who’s who’ of business and Sandton has never had a face lift (like me) in the past 17 years and dare I say, OR a change in menu (if my memory serves me correctly).  It is as it was and still is – perfect.  Simply perfect, classic style, ambience and great food served with finesse.  Don’t leave this off your list of places to go, for a quick business lunch or a relaxed informal evening meal.  Or simply chill on a Saturday lunch time in or outside this small pavement venue eatery.  Great food, advisable to share in great company as once you get there it is the type of place where you will want the afternoon or evening to linger longer.  It is extremely popular for leisurely Friday lunches.

And it is the one and ONLY Bellinis!  Which actually makes it quite unique!  This is one of those places where you can sing "Don't go changing - we love you just the way you are".

The menu hits the spot for everyone with a selection of sandwiches, small snacks, salads and meals.  Chicken & fillet steak feature with something delicious that will satisfy the vegetarian in you.

Beverages; specialty beers; small wine & champagne list and blackboard wines - not too pricey, keep tongues well oiled.  For more info – please view their website.

Bellinis
18 Chaplin Road, Illovo
Just off cnr Oxford Road, close to the Thrupps Centre
Tel: 011 880-9168 / 9
Lunch bookings Monday – Friday
No bookings in the evenings
Closed Sundays

“Bellinis has been going for almost 18 years,
something of a record in the industry 
Children of regular customers are now regulars themselves. 
Makes us all feel a bit older but all the staff love working in an atmosphere, 
where the clients, mostly regulars, become our friends”
www.bellinis.co.za